Thursday, October 2, 2008

Skirts


I was in need of some new skirts for when I teach ballet. So I found this pattern and it seemed simple enough. My measurements were a bit off, but it still turned out! Rylee then said she wanted one and I managed to have just enough fabric leftover. Because I was reckless with my cutting of my skirt, I ended up having to piece hers a little bit more. But it still turned out cute.

My little barefoot model all ready for the runway.From the back

Then my little fashion designer took all the leftover pieces and used them to accessorize Missy and Jo Jo, her 2 stuffed horses. Her next equine collection will be available in the Spring. . .stay tuned! :)
How adorbale is she???!!!


This was the second one I attempted. It turned out even better than the first, but I don't know that I could replicate it. The peices ended up being cut on the bias and the bottom hem has a curve to it. I say this like I MEANT to do it this way, but that would imply that I am a competent seamstress who actually knows what she's doing. NOT! Instead, it started out as a mistake (as many of my projects do). I started with the intention of making a circle skirt, which I did, but soon decided that me and circle skirts, especially short ones, don't mesh--I looked like I was wearing a tent! So I then cut the pieces for the wrap skirt out of the circle skirt. Anyway, they were super easy and fun and I think I might have to go buy some more fabric!

No comments: