Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shrinky-Dinky-Doo!


I got some of those plastic sheets that shrink when you put them in the oven and they are so fun! They come in clear and white. And I love that the ones I got are ink jet printable. Oh the possibilities!

My first batch failed miserably--there is a reason it says not to cook them on metal (That will teach me to follow directions!)

The second batch turned out great! More photos to come of the "stuff" I used these cute little tags on.

The hardest part was getting them to lie completely flat while they cool--the edges tend to curl. So here's my solution:
While the oven is pre-heating, I stuck a 9x13 Pyrex pan in the oven. When it had reached 325 degrees, I took the pan out and put the shrinkies in on a piece of heavy cardboard with a piece of vellum on top. When they were done, I took the cardboard out, set it on the counter, and then using hot pads set the still-hot 9x13 pan on top, smoothing it back and forth to flatten the pieces. It worked great!

No comments: