Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Weekend



I love Conference weekend! This one was particularly wonderful. All the messages shared were so applicable. So much good information and things I need to work on!

I usually have some type of project going while I sit and listen. This time, after a quick reminder tutorial from my Gram, I have started knitting again. I have been a long-time crochet-er, but love that knitting doesn't hurt my wrist as much. So this weekend's project was dishcloths. All the women in my family make them and they are so much better than the store-bought ones, and they are better than the crocheted ones too (believe me I know)

The pattern (using 100% cotton yarn):
*cast on 4
*knit 2, yarn over, knit across
*repeat above until you have 42 stitches
*knit 1, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit 2 together, knit across
*repeat above until decreased down to 4

My first one had a few dropped stitches and came out a bit funny shaped, but the second one was much better.

No comments: