Friday, October 17, 2008

As Promised. . . .

. . .here are 2 projects I used the shrinky plastic for.

First:

NO MORE EXCUSES!
Remember these little PJ bags I made for the boys to help organize their room? Well, they worked like a charm for about a month or so. Since then, I keep finding them piled in a heap behind their door, usually with dirty clothes inside. When asked why they weren't using them, the boys said that they couldn't tell whose was whose and it took too much time looking inside to figure it out. So. . . here are their custom made tags. No more excuses!
Second:
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!
I have been teaching ballet for so long that many of my classes I can teach off the top of my head. Others, I have lesson plans for that I keep in big 3-ring binders and use year after year. I hate lugging the binders around, so lately I have been just pulling one page from the binder and taking just that one page with me. The problem--the one page usually gets stuffed in my bag and badly wrinkled, if not completely ruined. So I bought a clipboard from the dollar store and got busy painting and gluing on scrapbook paper. Now when I get home from teaching, I bring the clipboard in, switch out my lesson plans for the next class and I'm all ready to go. So here's the new and improved clipboard complete with shrinky tags. Cute, huh?

Well. Last night I was getting ready to put the final coat of clear sealer on it when I find this.

Someone has put 2 lovely X's on the back of my clipboard in ink pen. So now I have to seek out the criminal responsible for defacing my property. My first instinct was that my little 3-year-old graffitti arstist was the culprit (she draws on EVERYTHING). I would expect it from a 3-year-old. I would even expect it from my 6-year-olds. Kids often do things "just cuz" without thinking and without respect for someone else's stuff. So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered my 31-year-old husband was the guilty party. Seriously! What were you thinking? Apparently he was talking on the phone and felt the urge to doodle--totally understandable! But WHY my clipboard?*@#$ I guess the stack of junk mail right next to the clipboard just wasn't good enough. AHHHH! You know if it were one of my kids, I would probably just leave it there as a mark of their childhood. 10 years from now I would look at it and smile and think "Remember when. . ." But somehow it's not nearly as cute when it's your husband. All I can think is, "How can I cover this up?"

Don't worry. The criminal was punished accordingly. The boys put him in the time-out corner and Rylee took care of the spanking and lecture. And his restraining order, issued by the Honorable Judge Heather, dictates that he is no longer allowed within 10 feet of any and all craft projects.

2 comments:

Summers Family said...

That is hillarious! I can totally see Jason doing that! I guess with his beautiful "left-hand writing" it could easily be mistaken for a 3-year-old! I'm glad the kids punished him good!... did you ground him from football

Burdett Family said...

How funny. What a turd. They turned out really cute anyway. The pajama bags are a great idea, if only I could get my kids to actually put things away.